The Yakama Nation General Council, on March 9, 1994, approved GC-05-94 authorizing the Tribal Council to adopt a Class II and Class III gaming ordinance for the purpose of establishing a Class II and Class III gaming operation. Additionally, GC-05-94 created a five member Gaming Commission and delegated to them the responsibility to plan, finance and approve management contracts for the Class II and Class III gaming operation.
Roles of the Gaming Commissioners:
The Gaming Commissioners serve as an objective impartial oversight regulatory commission who:
- Approve/Disapprove all license applications.
- Adjudicate patrons, licensing disputes, and extended exclusions (greater than 1 year).
- Set forth reporting requirements.
- Promulgate Regulation and YNGC Policy and Procedures.
- All YNGC actions must be approved by an affirmative majority vote.
The Gaming Commissioners include:
- Chair: Dora Smith
- Vice-Chair: Gracia Wong
- Secretary: Annie Eagle Claw
- Sgt. Of Arms: Ida Shock
- Member: Gabriel Albert